Do You Need a Service Agreement for Your Small Business?
A small business plan from LegalShield gives you access to lawyer drafted service contracts so you can enter client engagements knowing you are using an agreement that is legally sound and protects your rights.
The Benefits of Using a Lawyer to Help You With Contracts
Whether you’re a solo consultant, a wedding DJ or you own a lawn care business with 25 employees, you should be using a professional services contract drafted by a lawyer.
- Using a professional contract elevates your brand
- Clear terms and conditions help create proper expectations with your clients
- A formal agreement helps deter bad behaviour from customers
- Your agreement can help resolve disputes before going to court
36% - 56% of small businesses are involved in litigation each year*. As such, it’s critical that you have a lawyer make sure your service contract is legally sound.
Join LegalShield now to make sure your service agreement includes the right language.
The Elements of an Effective Service Contract
While your service agreement may need terms specific to your industry, most agreements need to include the following basic elements.
- The length of the agreement (term)
- Scope of work/responsibilities of the parties
- How and when payment will be made
- Rules for resolving disputes
- How intellectual property rights will be handled
- Liability and indemnification clauses
- Rules for making modifications to the agreement
- Standard waiver clause to preserve your rights
- Representations and warranties
- Relationship (usually independent contractor)
With LegalShield, you get access to lawyer-drafted service contract templates, unlimited legal consultation and your lawyer can review any documents (up to 15 pages each). No matter how you use your membership, you’ll end up with a great service contract you know you can count on, for a fraction of the cost of hiring a lawyer directly.
How a Legalshield Small Business Plan Works for Services Contracts
All LegalShield plans come jam-packed with valuable benefits. When it comes to getting a legally sound services contract for your small business, the most common plan usage is in two areas.
CONSULTATION AND ADVICE
You can have unlimited phone consultation with a business lawyer to get questions answered, receive legal advice and make sure you’re making the right moves.
DOCUMENT REVIEW AND NEGOTIATION
You can have your lawyer review any documents (up to 15 pages each) and even make phone calls and write letters on behalf of your business to resolve disputes with vendors, creditors or customers.
Plans Start at Only $49.00 Per Month
Key Features of Our Small Business Legal Plans
LegalShield’s business plans can help you in the following areas.
Legal consultation from a provider lawyer on business legal matters, with legal research for each issue, if needed.
Receive help with business legal matters more efficiently with professional communications issued on your behalf.
Put business-related legal documents through legal review.
A collection letter from a provider lawyer could help you recoup payments more efficiently.