Personal Plan Highlights
Speak with your lawyer on an unlimited number of personal legal issues
Your lawyer can make calls and write letters on your behalf
Your lawyer can review contracts and draft documents
One plan covers your whole family, including pre-existing issues
There’s no risk to try. You can cancel your plan at any time, for any reason
Top Areas of Law Covered by Your Personal Legal Plan
How It Works
For a small monthly fee, your Personal Plan includes four key areas of legal protection:
- You can speak with your lawyer on an unlimited number of personal legal issues to get legal advice.
- Lawyers return calls within four hours or less and are available 24/7 for emergency situations.
- Your lawyer can make phone calls and write letters on your behalf to help solve legal problems.
- Also, your lawyer can defend you at trial and represent you in a variety of other legal proceedings.
- Your lawyer can review and provide feedback on an unlimited number of personal legal documents.
- Your membership covers any personal legal documents up to 15 pages in length with no extra or hidden fees.
- You get a lawyer drafted Standard Will, Living Will and Power of Attorney plus yearly updates.
- Your lawyer can draft other kinds of documents too, such as residential loan paperwork.
Top Benefits of Our Personal Legal Plan
We provide 24/7 emergency access to a lawyer for situations where you and your family are at the greatest risk.
Get peace of mind by having a lawyer help you resolve legal issues.
Save thousands of dollars over hiring a lawyer by the hour.
Get 24/7 access to your lawyer in covered emergency situations.
No risk. You can easily cancel your plan at any time, for any reason.
Get discounts from brands you love and save more than the cost of the plan!
Most Common Uses of Our Personal Legal Plan
While there there is no personal legal issue our plan does not cover one way or the other, the following sections provide detailed examples of the most common uses.
Consumer Finance Issues
The comforts of modern society often generate a variety of unwanted legal issues. From billing disputes with utility companies to arguments with unscrupulous home contractors, your LegalShield Personal Plan can help protect your rights, reduce stress and save money. Here are a few examples.
Have your lawyer review contracts from companies you’re having a dispute with and provide you specific advice on how to resolve the situation.
Have your lawyer make calls to resolve disagreements with banks, medical professionals, car dealerships or other organizations.
Have your lawyer write letters to recover fees you’re owed or to negotiate the terms of a settlement between you and another individual.
Traffic Violations and Accidents
It’s nearly impossible to drive a vehicle for any number of years and not have some legal issue pop up. Next time you have a run in with the police, another driver or a “friendly” meter maid, call your LegalShield lawyer and get a better outcome.
Speeding Tickets: Contact your lawyer and they will represent you. They may be able to avoid points, save your license and save you time and money.
Crashes: Help dealing with insurance companies, other drivers and the police is covered by your plan. Rest easy as we take care of difficult accidents.
Lost License: You have up to 2.5 hours of lawyer time to help you get a driver’s license reinstated.
Protect Your Rights: Your lawyer may be able to reduce impact on your driving record and help you deal with repair shops, medical bills and more.
One of the best benefits of LegalShield is that our standard plans include valuable estate planning advice and documents at no extra charge.
Standard Will: Your lawyer will collect information from you, draft a Standard Will and provide consultation about the document.
Power of Attorney: Your lawyer can prepare a Power of Attorney and consult with you to ensure your family's health care wishes are protected.
Living Will: Your lawyer can create an advanced health care directive document for every covered member in your family.
Advice and Yearly Updates: Your lawyer can review and update your documents each year and provide advice on related estate issues.
Landlord / Tenant
LegalShield plans cover both landlords and tenants. So, whichever side of the fence you’re on, your lawyer can help resolve disputes lickety split.
Lease Review and Negotiation: If you’re a renter, you can have your lawyer review a lease and help ensure you negotiate a good deal.
Disputes: Your lawyer can review any documents in question, provide advice by phone, or make calls and write letters on your behalf to help settle disagreements.
- State Law Advice: Every state has different laws governing the rights of landlords and tenants. Since LegalShield has law firms covering every province, you can get help no matter where you live.
Family Law and Divorce
Family law issues are often some of the most difficult to deal with from an emotional standpoint. Having the comforting hand of a competent lawyer to guide you through the process will reduce stress, protect your rights and minimize damage to any children involved. All while saving you money on legal fees.
Advice and consultation: As always, you can contact your lawyer to get advice about divorce, child custody/support or other family law issues.
Uncontested Divorce or Separation: Have your lawyer represent you in any proceedings related to uncontested divorce or separation.
- Uncontested Name Change or Adoption: Get document support and lawyer representation to successfully complete these processes.
Buying and selling real estate involves huge, life altering decisions and reams of paperwork. In other words, exactly the time you want to have a lawyer help you steer clear of landmines and protect your financial well-being for the long- term.
Residential Loan Document Assistance: Your lawyer can provide advice about different types of loans, draft your loan documents and consult with you during the transaction.
Dispute Resolution: If you’re having an issue with a neighbour, a tenant or your bank, your LegalShield lawyers are only a phone call away.
- State Law Advice: Whether you’re about to sign a contract or have questions about the real estate professionals you’re dealing with, you can work with your lawyer on negotiation, contract language and more.
Every Area of Law is Covered by Your Plan
You can call your lawyer to get help with any personal legal issues.
Many more legal issues not listed below are covered too!
Your Membership Includes:
Speak to a Lawyer in as Little as 15 Minutes*
*For Emergency Situations
If you own a home business, are a consultant or have a rental property or need more trial coverage - you might want to consider these optional Personal Plan Supplements. Add these supplements to your plan at checkout or click to learn more below.
- Unlimited Business Consultation on legal and non-legal matters
- Includes Pre-Existing Conditions
- Legal review of 3 contracts/documents per month
- CRA Audit Legal Services
- Covers the member and their spouse
- Additional 100 hours of trial defence
- 75 hours of trial time & 25 hours of pre-trial time
- Trial defence hours are added each year of active membership
- Representation for traffic violations
- Upload tickets right in our app
- Support for suspended license
- CRA Audit Defence Services