Member Bill of Rights
PPLSI is committed to bringing equal access and justice for all. As one of our valued members, PPLSI will strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible and ensure you receive all the benefits you are entitled to with your LegalShield membership.
We expect you will be a participant in your legal matter throughout the entire process. Please submit all information, document or details in a timely fashion to allow your lawyers to better help you.
Legal Matters – Consultation/Advice
• A provider lawyer will call you back or you may select a call-back window.
• If your provider law firm does not reach you on the first attempt, a second attempt will be made the next business day.
Legal Matters – Time Sensitive Need/ Response
• If you have a legal matter requiring immediate review due to a deadline, hearing date or required response, then your matter will be handled urgently by receiving a consultation from a lawyer within an hour.
• If you have a legal matter requiring immediate review due to a pending deadline, hearing date or response, and your law firm does not reach you on the first or second attempt a third attempt will be made within four business hours after the first call attempt.
• If your law firm cannot reach you regarding your call requiring an immediate review due to a pending deadline, hearing date or response, your law firm will use another method of communication to let you know they are trying to contact you after all three call attempts have been made.
Legal Matters – Emergency Situation
24/7 emergency access to a LegalShield provider lawyer through a dedicated phone line is available when you encounter a covered emergency situation such as:
• If you’re arrested or detained
• If you’re seriously injured in an accident
• If you’re served a criminal warrant
• If the state attempts to take your child(ren)
Document Review/Letters Prepared
• When you submit a document for review, your provider lawyer will review the document.
• If you need a letter prepared, it will be completed after all necessary documents to draft the letter are received.
• Once all your information is provided to your provider law firm for your Will Questionnaire, an initial draft of your Will will be prepared by your provider lawyer within 5 business days.
Moving Traffic Violations
• If you submit a traffic ticket via Snap in the LegalShield mobile app, a provider lawyer will call you back.
• If your provider law firm does not reach you on the first attempt, a second and third attempt will be made.
Referral To A Lawyer Outside Your Law Firm
• If your provider law firm must make a referral to a lawyer outside your law firm, the assignment will be made within 3 business days.